22nd IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering

User Tools

Site Tools



Participants need a valid passport and, possibly, appropriate travel documents to enter Canada. By law, all visitors to Canada require a temporary resident visa, except citizens of countries where an exemption has been granted. In case of doubt, please visit the website of Canada Immigration and Citizenship.

Citizens of the United States of America

Although U.S.A. citizen do not need a passport or visa to enter Canada, they should carry evidence of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, a citizenship certificate, a naturalization certificate, or a state birth certificate. If these documents do not contain their photograph, they will be asked for a driver's licence or other identification. They should visit the website of the Department of Homeland Security for a list of acceptable documents to re-enter the USA.

Citizens of the European Union

Twelve countries joined the EU in 2004 and 2007. Initially, visas were required for travellers from seven of the New Member States. The requirement was lifted on travellers from Estonia in 2006 and the Czech Republic and Latvia in 2007. It was then lifted for Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, and Slovakia. CIC continues to work in cooperation with the two remaining countries, Bulgaria and Romania, with the goal of having visa-free travel for all EU citizens.

Citizens of Other Countries

Some international visitors need to get a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada. To get the latest and official information on Canada visas and to see if you need a visa please visit the website of Canada Immigration and Citizenship.

How to Get a TRV

Please consult the following pages:

TRV Processing Times

While the visa process typically varies from country to country, it is best to start the process as early as possible to be able to satisfy all of the requirements and paperwork. Visa application processing times are estimated on-line.

TRV Support Letters

Visa support letters can be asked during the registration process and will be issued to those who have finished the registration process and paid their fees.

en/travel.txt · Last modified: 2014/03/04 05:37 by yann